RE: Can't install from SMB

>I downloaded Indy yesterday and today am trying to install it.  I downloaded
>it on my Windows 98 Box and want to install it from there.  I select SMB
>install from the Indy boot disk, enter the info that I think might be where
>my
>problem is comming from...tell it the location and it says that the host is
>unknown and it can't find the directory.

   I have not tried the SMB install, but have done a local FTP install.
You might want to grab a copy of WarFTP off the internet.  Then you have
an FTP server on your Win95 box as you need it.  It is small and free.

>...  Anyways...a little on my network.  I
>have 3 computers, my Linux box where I am goiing to install Indy, and two
>Win98 machines.  The Win98 box that has the Indy RPMs has the following TCP
>setup:
>IP: 192.168.0.2
>Subnet: 255.255.255.0
>Wins disabled
>No Gateway
>DNS disabled
>Computer Name: K6
>Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
>Access Control is ShareLevel

   I see the first problem.  You have no name services.  You might be
able to do it by IP address, but it may only work with FTP.

>Anyway, here is the Info I am telling Indy about my network during Install
>IP: 192.168.0.2
Duplicate IP with above.  I assume it is a typo, but...
>Netmask: 255.255.255.0
>Default Gateway: 192.168.0.2
You are telling it to route to itself.  That won't work, but it only
matters for machines off your subnet, unless you plan to have your
machine be your internet router and NAT server or proxy.
>Primary Nameserver: 192.168.0.1
Not mentioned.  Is it s DNS?  Is it up?  A DNS query that goes
unanswered can hang a box a long time.
>Domain Name:  ????   This is my problem, what do I put for a domain name
myhouse.org  It can be anything, or you can "borrow" from your ISP.
>Hostname: ????  Again...I have no idea what to put here
mybox as in mybox.myhouse.org
>Secondary Nameserver:  None
>Tertiary Nameserver: None
>SMB Servername: K6
This is where you would put the IP address of your SMB box, or FTP box
if doing that.  Giving a name, the system is looking at 192.168.0.1 to
find it.  And if the above was not a typo, it is having address
conflicts as well.
>Share Volume: /Indy/Independence  (I shared the folder where I downloaded
>Indy)
>Account Name:  none
>Password:  none
I assume it is an open share?

Does this cover your questions?  Let us know how it turns out.