Re: Download instructions for Indy 0.0.0

> Salut,
>
> jfm2@club-internet.fr a écrit :
>
> >  I) Downloading and installing  the distributuion
> >
> > You will need the contents of two directories:
> >
> > ftp://belegost.seul.org/pub/independence/Indy-7.0/CD1
>
> I didn't found any Indy-7.0 dir in independence, but Indy-7.0build. Is it
> correct ?

Yes.  But I have fixed this.  In future use Indy-7.0

> My ftp cllient is lftp. I use the mirror command to get directories, but it
> was unable to get links.
> So maybe you should do a script that regenerate symbolic links after download,
> or is it because my client isn't good enough ?

I think you should use a mirorring software like Mirror, Eclipt or
fmirror (look in freshmeat.net for URLs).  But I know little about
them since at one time I didn't have enough bandwidth to mirror things
and when I had it I already had a CD burner so I downloaded Iso-images.

However we need to be able to suggest a mirrorring client to Windows
users, preferently freeware.

> (as for the script, I can do it if you want, with recursion in dirs and awk to
> get the right fields in ls -l)
>
> Would that kind of problem be resolved with an ISO image ?

Yes but ISO images are useless for people who don't have a CD burner.

> And is it because you haven't eenough space on belegost to put one, or because
> you haven't enough bandwith ? In the latter case, I could do it if the links
> problem is resolved.

It is because this is still additional work and the first release was
heavy enough.

Perhaps for second.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez