Re: [Libevent-users] Request for input on pending bufferevent_openssl patch.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Mark Ellzey <mthomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nick agrees this is a fairly nasty bug, and I have attempted to fix the
> problem with this patch:
> https://github.com/ellzey/Libevent/commit/5cceae1ca32551312a86df7b6fa2576fd0a71ee4
>
> But we also both agree that it would be good to have some users who rely
> on openssl bufferevents extensively to test this, making sure things still
> work as expected.

And to offer dire warnings where Mark has offered beer: I will
probably be merging this patch, or something quite like it, in the
next 2.0.x-stable release, unless I can make it break or notice some
bug in it.   I'm really hoping that other people will have time to
test it, too: it'll be much easier if you can help find problems with
this approach _before_ it goes into the next stable release.

yrs,
--
Nick