Re: Fixed lgdc IRC channel?

Bert Peers wrote:

>> I don't think having fixed times for "meetings" is useful or good now, so
>> just agreeing on the "place" should be the best. And perhaps something
>> more regular will emerge from that in time.
>
>True, but without any guidelines, when will be the first meeting be ?
>It appears as if people need to find their way back into LGDC a bit
>(hey, it's alive again ! *g*), so, er, just idling on the channel for

*grin* Good point.

>the next 2 weeks doesn't seem viable..  Should we schedule something
>for the first time only ?  Go the idle-and-wait way ?  Wait until the
>site is online ?.. or...

What about waiting until the site is online and then having a "big" IRC
party? Free virtual beer for everyone! ;)

We'd have to (1) agree on a time for the new site to go online, (2) agree
on a time for the party, (3) announce it on the old site, (4) announce it on
the new site and (5) be there.

Regarding (1):

* The site seems to work rather well. A few buglets are popping up here and
there, but nothing critical. I don't expect problems from this side.

* I'd like to have all articles up when the site goes live.
Problem1: That PHP config thing. No answer from Esben yet, but that should
come soon.
Problem2: Most of the authors have not created user accounts yet. That
means we'll perhaps have to create "dummy" accounts for the missing ones.
Un-nice, but well...

* When the site goes online the news section *has* to be maintained, i.e.
news items have to appear on a daily basis. I don't have the time for this.
Possible solution: several people say "ok, I'll hunt for news and post a
few items each day". Remember, you don't have to take a real maintainer job
for that.
I can also mark a few people as "trusted", which will allow their
newsitems to appear on the front page immediately (without requiring the
maintainer to look through them first).

Who volunteers?

	Christian

PS: Any voices against OpenProjects for IRC?
--
Christian Reiniger
Coordinator/Coder, PenguinPlay (http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/)