Re: Grabbing the pointer with OpenGL

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> On Friday 13 April 2001 12:17, you wrote:
>
> > > Instead, look into techniques like portal culling that reduce the
> > > number of pixels that you draw that are actually only going to be
> > > tossed out by Z-buffer culling.
> >
> > The stuff I am rendering is a terrain. I was under the impression that
> > portal techniques were not very appropiate for outdoor rendering? I
> > intend to implement something like ROAM eventually.
>
> Portals are useless for terrain, right.
> What about using a working, optimized engine btw? CrystalSpace integrates
> the ddg engine (roam type)

And a new landscape plugin that was made yesterday by me. The new plugin
also supports dynamic directional lighting.

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

- "We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience"
- "But the point is... the point is... the point is we've not been
   experienced for a lot longer than you."
        -- Stop being so negative
           (Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad)