Fwd: Re: LGDC and/or SEUL/games

Update on the SEUL thing.

	Christian

----------  Mail forwarded (Author is Doug Loss)...  ----------
Subject: Re: LGDC and/or SEUL/games
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:56:59 EST
From: Doug Loss <dloss@suscom.net>

[Christian wrote:]
> Hmmm....
> I'm sure the LGDC efforts would benefit from SEUL participation, as most
of
> the people involved in it (LGDC) don't have *that* much experience in
> catering to end users. Issues like "What do endusers look for in
> documentation?", "How can I make my game easy to install despite its
> dependencies to uncommon libraries?" etc have been hot topics here.

I'm going to contact them members of the kidsgames mailing list (their
topic should be clear from their name) and the leaders of at least all
SEUL-supported game projects and direct them toward you.  I think the most
important thing for something like this to work well is to get as many
voices and viewpoints as possible to participate.

> >This offer is of course open to penguinplay too.  I notice that your
>
> Even as PPlay clearly doesn't aim at end-users?

We interpret our self-given mandate rather broadly :-).  GTC (Games Tool
Chest) <http://gtc.seul.org> is a SEUL-supported project, for example, and
seems similar to PPlay.

> >mailing lists don't have web-available archives.  We can provide those
for
> >you too.
>
> We already wanted to look into web-archive packages for the mailing
lists,
> but if you already have a working solution, that would save us a lot of
> work. How do you handle that archiving? Do you simply subscribe your
> software to the mailing list ?

I'm not sure of the answer, which is why I've CCed this to seul@seul.org.
Roger or someone else from that mailing list (of SEUL sysarchs) will get
back to you with the information.  Roger, LGDC is getting very nice
services from SunSITE Denmark and doesn't need SEUL hosting.

--
Doug Loss            There's no trick to being a humorist
dloss@suscom.net     when you have the whole government

Shut Windows and Close Gates...