Re: RFOR: Is LGDC really crap?

On Thursday 03 January 2002 03:04, Green, Aaron wrote:
> I have a lot of spare time at my job where I peruse internet
> newssites.  I'm also learning OpenGL and just got a book on Linux 3D
> programming.  I'd be glad to help out with content.  But like I said, I

That really would be great. If you tell me your site account name I can
give you the proper access rights.

> agree with the statement that very few people need to have this
> priviledge.  Unless you want Slashdot-like news activity.  I do agree,

See my reply to Steve for some comments on this.

> > > But, if you really don't care about the site, then this effert
> > > would be well spent somewhere else.

I *do* care. I'd *love* to see it prosper. But I'm a tool coder & web
developer, not a game developer and content writer. I'm more interested
in the latest PHP point release than in the new major release of Mesa,
and hacking around in the site's code (and some helper tools for it) is
much more fun for me than keeping the resources list up-to-date.

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://lgdc.sunsite.dk/)

...to paraphrase Churchill, while representative  democracy may be
terrible, it's still the best system that large corporations can buy.

- David Weinberger JOHO January 25, 2000