rom picker front end

I thought it might be a trivial project to make a tk or java
front end for choosing which rom to use with snes9x.  And
having it take your entry and launch the program is not a
problem, I was wondering about extracting the name of the
game from the header in the ROM and displaying that...  does
anyone know of a utility that would do this, or how I might
do this myself in the code?

(If there is already of graphical front end for snes9x /
Linux, let me know, I haven't found any)

--
Darel Finkbeiner
dfinkbeiner@iname.com