Re: [linuxgames] Re: Newbie seeks guidance

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 03:00:45PM -0600, Steve Baker wrote:
> The only thing that's REALLY tough is actually doing the compilation of
> a Windows executable on your Linux box.
>
> I've heard of people who managed this - but it's a real pain to set up.

Back when I had my box set up to do this, it actually wasn't so hard.
Of course, my games have almost all been entirely SDL-based (no other
direct library dependencies, no OpenGL).

I just grabbed the MingW32 stuff and SDL DLLs from the SDL website and
away I went.  'course, that was a few years ago.  It's actually pretty easy
to find Windows folks to build apps (at least Open Source ones).

The thing that's turning out to be tricky is finding people to compile and
package Mac OS X builds. :^(

-bill!