Re: RFC - first batch of OGRE images

Chris wrote:

> Hi,
>     The first set of rough images is now up at
>
> http://www.starforge.co.uk/ogre/
>
> When you go there, you will be asked for a username and password, the
> details are:
>
> Username: ogre
> Password: Tr00l        (note those are zeros, not capital 'o's)

(But the last character is an L and not a one!)

One problem I see immediately is that the colours in the icons have the
opposite of their normal cultural significance.

A "RED" Basic Rating indicator doesn't mean "Red-for-Danger" or "Red-
for-STOP!!!" as you might expect - you have the "OK for any age" indicator
in red.

IMHO, the "OK for little kids" icon should be Green and the "Danger to
little kids" should be red with the teen icon being yellow and the
"Unrated" being either black or a faded-looking grey to indicate "No
Colour Assigned".

Also, the bar chart colours of the "Suggested Content Indicator" are the
opposite of the colours used in the basic rating indicators.  You'd want
to see which of the three subject areas caused the game to get a 'Yellow'
rating...so ideally, only that bar should reach up into the yellow area
that corresponds with the (as I suggest) Yellow teen-rated region.

I was kinda hoping for an Ogre in diapers, an Ogre on a skateboard
and an Ogre in in a compromising adult position...OK - maybe not
the last one...but you get the idea!   :-)

Of course I have absolutely no sense of style and I'm a hopeless
artist - so feel free to ignore all of this.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net