Re: RFC - first batch of OGRE images

Steve Baker wrote:

<snip - colours>

Please note that I stated on the web page "The colours and content are not

final and were chosen at random" : I just did them as examples of how the

different colours would look. They litterally were random :)

> I was kinda hoping for an Ogre in diapers, an Ogre on a skateboard
> and an Ogre in in a compromising adult position...OK - maybe not
> the last one...but you get the idea!   :-)

There's two problems with that: the scope for misinterpretation and the

difficulty in accurately displaying the rating without needing a rating
for the rating! (Well, ok, there are three problems - drawing a Ogre in
different positions would have taken a lot longer than the few minutes
I spent on those images! ;))) Using an abstract representation including
single words - "Mature", "Adult", "Children" etc - or age ranges conveys
the classification in less ambiguous way. While the Ogre graphic could
be used, it would probably need additional information in the rating box
to ensure the user identifies the rating correctly.

Chris
--
=[     Explorer2260, Designer and Coder     \=\ P: TexMaker, ROACH, site \