Some questions

Hi

I'm thinking about running a mixminion node.

There are a few questions:

1. Is there a kind of "generic" delivery mechanism, that just outputs the
message as it is decrypted by the last node in the chain and either saves
it to a file or (better) feeds it to a process (like INNs channel feeds)?
If not, do you intend to implement something like this?

The reason is just, that it would be a simple and generic way to connect
applications like mixminion2news-gateways or own SMTP-delivery-agents with
Mixminion. Then one could implement and test those strictly separated from
the "anonymity core" which Mixminion provides.

For example I'm thinking about a kind of "anonymous identity" using
Hashcash (just a wild thought, not something that I've really thought
through already), so that net abuse can be stopped and getting a new
"identity" isn't too easy, while still preserving anonymity.

Or just to circumvent Mixminion's SMTP-Delivery decisions (like a very
limited AllowFromAddress) and do it differently.

2. I've installed Mixminion 0.0.8alpha2.

What do I do next? Publish the server to the directory? Or are there any
recommended testing procedures?

Probably I just want it to be a middleman for the time being. That means
disabling mbox and SMTP delivery, right?

3. Might sound stupid, but at first I made a mistake when setting
MaxBandwidthSpike, because I just assumed Mixminion to follow Tor's
token-bucket-model.
Is there a reason for using one over the other (that is specifying a bucket
in byte vs. specifying a maximum bandwidth in byte/s)?

Greetings
Thomas