Re: Some questions

Hi

--On Dienstag, 24. Januar 2006 15:41 +0100 Thomas Hühn <huehn-ml@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> There are a few questions:

And some more:

1. Is there no way to specify a server in the path that is not (yet) in the
directory? I tried the nickname (on localhost) and the DNS name of my node,
to no avail. How do I test the node if it's not in the directory?

2. I have set "Publish" to "yes", but sumatra is not yet in the directory
(that changes at midnight, right?). Still, there are some files in
spool/work/queues/mix/. I suppose there are other nodes sending packets to
my node? But how, when I'm not yet listed?

2. mixminionrc(5) has the example "ForwardPath: ~5,FavoriteExit"
What is "FavoriteExit"? Can the user specify nodes as his favorite exit
nodes? I didn't find any documentation about that. Is that a special symbol
or just the name of a file that the user can create and fill with his
preferred nodes? That should be documented I think.

3. If I use "mixminion generate-surb -t ..." Mixminion asks for a
passphrase for the keyring. Can I change that passphrase later? Can I
inspect the keyring and see what's in there? Can I import or export entries
of the key ring?

Thomas