Re: Some questions

Hi

--On Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006 17:52 -0500 Nick Mathewson
<nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can fake it now by specifying a SendmailCommand option in your
> Delivery/SMTP section instead of specifying a SMTP host.  This will be
> a bit inefficient (the command will be forked every time a message
> needs to be sent) but it might be good enough.

Yes, that occurred to me, too, as a workaround. Although it modifies the
message in rewriting the From:

>> 2. I've installed Mixminion 0.0.8alpha2.
>>
>> What do I do next? Publish the server to the directory? Or are there any
>> recommended testing procedures?
>
> See step 5 of "HOW TO RUN YOUR OWN MIXMINION SERVER" in the README.

Okay, I've done that. Just thought, maybe there are some other things to
consider.

BTW, I've made a mistake:

I used a nickname I didn't really want to use for that: "daphne". Now it's
published. I changed it in .mixminiond.conf to "sumatra", did a "mixminiond
server-DELKEYS" (otherwise it doesn't really change it's nick, since it's
also in the key, am I right there?) and started anew.

Now, "daphne" is dead but still in the directory. Will it be deleted by
itself after some time or does it require manual intervention by someone?
After all, it is chosen for wildcard entries in the path but is a definite
point of failure.

(I intend to keep the nickname "sumatra" and to keep the node running)

Greetings
Thomas