Re: Weird behavior of my server

Hi,

Good advice, I did some research and finally got it almost working.
My only problem now is when I type in the following:
sudo etc/init.d/tor start

it displays this:
Apr 27 12:25:49.739 [notice] Tor v0.1.0.17. This is experimental
software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity.

But that's the only line I get. if I stop the server it claims the
process isn't running.
If I put a comment symbol (#) before the "Address" parameter it gives
me the error message that adress "ubuntu" is pointing to the localhost
IP and can't be used. However, if I remove the # and put in my public
IP adress behind "address" or the dynamic DNS adress it just gives me
the single line and doesn't start the server.
On XP having the Address line active with my public IP or the dynamic
DNS it all works fine.

Could it be a problem because I have Ubuntu 5.10 running as a VMWare
image? If so, what can I do to fix this?

P.S.: I did remove the whole package and reinstalled it again without
a difference.

Sincerely,
Landorin