Re: [tor-talk] Tor's reputation problem with pedo, some easy steps the community could take

On 04/29/2013 09:30 PM, Chris Patti wrote:

Can you stamp them out? No, but can you make it VERY unlikely /
difficult to simply stumble upon them while investigating Tor-space?
Yes you can!

No you can't stamp out the problem, it's a human/brain thing. And taking
down the images doesn't solve the abuse, that has already happened. It
does prevent the victim (child) of running into it later in life.

Especially with more and better image tagging software, who knows what a
google glass image recognition system might display when it matches a
person on the street against an old image of child abuse?

Eradicating the supply is - in my opinion - the best we can do to help
the victims. And so is removing the links on the directories.

I believe, reporting the onion sites to the hotline is a good thing, but
I'm awaiting their answer(s).

Guido.

PS. anonymity is good. Even for pedophiles who would like to get help
with that. There is also a anonymous hotline for them.