Re: [tor-talk] Tor's reputation problem with pedo, some easy steps the community could take

On 4/29/2013 4:18 PM, mirimir wrote:
On 04/29/2013 08:29 PM, Chris Patti wrote:

OK, you're right.  That's a bad idea - what about clearly labeling the pedo
sites as pedo sites?
Maybe Tor-optimized-Firefox needs a default "safe browsing" plugin.

Also, maybe at least some pedo, etc .onion sites would voluntarily label
themselves. Except for the trolls, I can't imagine why sites would want
attention from those who despise them.

I'm not quite sure for whom the protection from undesirable sites is mainly intended - children / teens, using Tor?

If I do a search w/ StartPage, Ixquick or even Google, if an unsavory result appears, I just don't click it. I've also never been redirected from say, Fidelity Investments or EFF.org, to a porn or pedo site.

Is it a huge issue to avoid these sites, or is it just the idea that some using Tor can access these sites?

There are plenty of other anonymous proxies, even daisy chaining them, or first using another site that masks IPs, before using proxies; using public hotspots while wearing a ski mask, that could be used to access illegal sites / material. Tor isn't the only anonymity game in town.