Re: Any way to secure/anonymize ALL traffic?

On 23/12/10 14:21, Praedor Atrebates wrote:
Got it now.  Now when I point to 127.0.0.1 I get places.  Now the question is, how can one test whether or not their DNS is leaking?  There is the tor status page that can tell you whether or not you are using tor but what about something equivalent to test your DNS anonymity?

praedor

It will depend on whether you are using Tor (or, for example, a VPN).

If you are using Tor then look at the Message Log (in Vidalia). It will warn you if there is leakage based on your websurfing. If you have set-up Tor properly in Firefox the proxy settings box the you should have no problems. Along with using NoScript and TorButton to prevent Flash problems (as you previously mentioned).

If you are using a VPN then try "nslookup" For example nslookup yahoo.com provides:

Server:        80.254.79.157
Address:    80.254.79.157#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    yahoo.com
Address: 209.191.122.70

Where 80.254.79.157 is my VPN's DNS IP (rather than my ISP's DNS IP or 192.168.2.1#53 if you are using NAT).