Re: BDS VPNs hosting

2010-12-31 17:26, andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx skrev:
On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 03:40:33PM +0100, jespasac@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 1.0K bytes in 20 lines about:
: Yes Anders, I know. I've been involved in web host industry (as a
: sysadmin and Security Officer) the last three years. I know a lot
: about this business. They (web hosting providers) appreciate a lot
: when the costumer offers good attitude and collaboration, as my case
: is.

Do you have advice on how to better approach an ISP from the start? Say,
if I wanted to find a host to run an exit node?

The approach described in the official Tor project documentation is excellent from my humble point of view. As a web-hosting sysadmin I was I only commented that normally they appreciate a lot when the costumer shows good attitude. What "normally attitude" means? That's the key point: it depends on the web-hosting company and their support system/dept.

Andrew, if you want I can send to you (private email) my tickets exchange with my provider support dept. to show you what and how I've said to them.

--
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.