Re: [tor-talk] torsocks 1.3 is tagged and released

Nick Mathewson:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:09 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Jacob Appelbaum wrote (12 Feb 2013 19:25:59 GMT) :
>>> intrigeri:
>>
>>> I'll discuss it with nickm and see what he thinks. A tar.gz isn't too
>>> much of a problem but I'm not sure of where I'd put it.
>>
>> FTR, I'm waiting for an authoritative upstream answer on this before
>> I upload 1.3 to the Debian archive.
>>
>> I'm more and more tempted to take the Git tag as the canonical form of
>> distribution of the complete upstream release, which it seems to be in
>> practice, given there's no tarball that I can find 10 days after the
>> release was announced (and again, the Git tag suits me well).
>
> Hm. It looks like Jacob is might just be completely hosed right now,
> so I've uploaded a tarball to
> http://www.wangafu.net/~nickm/torsocks-1.3.tar.gz and a signature to
> http://www.wangafu.net/~nickm/torsocks-1.3.tar.gz.asc.  I hope we get
> get these put somewhere more official soon.

I think this is probably a fine idea but I'd like them to go on
people.torproject.org or into torproject.org/disk/torsocks/ - does that
seem like a good place?

> As an extra wrinkle, this is my first time running "make dist" on
> torsocks, so it's possible that "make dist" has bugs that don't appear
> when using the tags.  Please open tickets if so; caveat haxxor. :/

We should probably make dist in some standard way - perhaps on a build
machine we trust?

All the best,
Jake