Re: Running a Tor exit node on an academic network?

Joseph Lorenzo Hall <joehall@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi, If anyone out there is running a Tor exit node on an
> academic network, could you contact me off-list?

Well, I'm not, but if you look at the network status page, you'll
see that there are quite a few nodes running on academic
networks.  In fact, many of the top throughput nodes are in
.edu-land.

http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/exit.pl lists 24 .edu
domains, of which there are 9 live exit nodes:

bolanda      pingwin.icm.edu.pl
cherubim     sledgehammer.mit.edu
err          err.cylab.cmu.edu
gnunet       tripwire.cs.ucla.edu
golem        golem.ph.utexas.edu
riceu        sysrack07.cs.rice.edu
rodos        rodos.eecs.harvard.edu
serifos      serifos.eecs.harvard.edu
sipbtor1     alice-whacker.mit.edu

If you look at the by-bandwidth listings, there are many academic
nodes near the top of the list:

http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/exit.pl?sortbw=1

Perhaps you could use some of the contact information for one of
those nodes to find assistance?

Josh