Re: Tor relay on vserver exeeding numtcpsock

Am Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2011, um 22:44:12 schrieb Moritz Bartl:
> Hi,
>
> You should probably contact the ISP first to see if they will raise the
> limit. Mine was low on file descriptors and they upped it generously 5
> minutes later (on a cheap $20 vserver).
>
> Moritz

Thanks for all your suggestions. This morning I contacted the HostEurope
support. They were very friendly but refused to increase the parameter. They
told me that the product is designed this way and they cannot change anything.
They advised me to order a product with a higher number of tcp sockets. But
even the high-end vserver product for EUR 70 ($90) per month only provides
1550 tcp connections (http://faq.hosteurope.de/index.php?cpid=13281). All
these HostEurope vserver products are crippled regarding numtcpsock.

Bottom line: HostEuropes vserver cannot be recommended for tor relays. I will
update the wiki accordingly.

I will move to another ISP. In the meantime I will play around with the
ConstrainedSocksSize parameter to get the most out of the vserver.

Moritz, from which ISP did you get this $20 vserver?

Regards,

Klaus

--
Klaus Layer