Re: [tor-talk] Google as default search engine revisited

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:26:38 +0100, "5p4m@xxxxxx" <5p4m@xxxxxx> wrote:
> People using the TOR browser bundle trust the TOR project. If you
> agree to Google as default, many people will too. There are search
> engines out there that respect your privacy. Examples are DuckDuckGo
> and ixquick, I suppose there are more. Please take a stand and
> consider kicking Google out of the TOR browser bundle. Use default
> search engines that respect privacy.

DuckDuckGo in particular runs Tor exit enclave[1] and hidden service[2].

It also behaves much more nicely than google when scripting is disabled,
though I expect that is true of other engines as well.

[1] http://help.duckduckgo.com/customer/portal/articles/216622
[2] http://www.gabrielweinberg.com/blog/2010/08/duckduckgo-now-operates-a-tor-exit-enclave.html

--frozencemetery