Re: [tor-talk] Download Helper

On 14-01-05 09:34 PM, Nunostc wrote:
>> for example, if you wanted to watch
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHsM10hhmIU and got the error saying
>> you needed to install flash in the tor browser, you need to use
>> "embed" and the video id to get it to play.  The url would be
>> https://www.youtube.com/embed/AHsM10hhmIU
>>
>> this should allow you to watch youtube videos that claim to ned flash
>> without needing to install any third party plugins.
>>

> There are some videos I can't see even this way.I think it must be
> something releted to codecs. The browser is not fully supported:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/html5
>
> We only have HTMLVideoElement and  WebM VP8 supported. H.264, Media
> Source Extensions, MSE & H.264 and MSE & WebM VP9 are not supported.
> Not sure what it is, but that might explain why some videos are not
> supported this way.

videos with ads pasted into them by youtube also might not be available
in html5 format.

however i think the original question related to saving the videos that
we are able to see.  currently it is outrageously tricky to do so.
software that purports to enhance users freedom and privacy (namely
Firefox) ought to make it straightforward to right-click and save any
piece of content on the page without having to re-retrieve it from the
source site.

the youtube-dl python script often works (with Tor and an http-proxy)
but we lose all the benefits of TBB.  it also often didnt work as well
as videodownloadhelper last time i used either of them.