Re: New Torbutton (1.1.4-alpha)

On Monday 09 July 2007 10:16:55 Mike Perry wrote:
> Feedback, suggestions, and comments are welcome. Especially if someone
> could point out what I'm doing wrong with the OpenSearch Google search
> plugin installations (which are somewhat unrelated, but I figured were
> worth putting up there, since a major usability complaint is "Why do I
> get the damn German/Chinese/etc Google with Tor?").

Stop me if this has been suggested before, but would it be worth introducing
an unofficial URI for hidden services that would make them recognisable to
the likes of torbutton? The idea being that the user could 'enable tor'
simply by clicking on a hidden service link rather than the usual jig of
click-servernotfound-back-scratchhead-enabletor-clickagain.

Is this possible with a firefox plugin or would it be necessary to get the
firefox developers on board?

It is already possible with konqueror/kde thanks to kioslaves (tork implements
a tor: 'URI' that does just this).

--

Browse Anonymously Anywhere	- http://anonymityanywhere.com
TorK	- KDE Anonymity Manager	- http://tork.sf.net