Re: browser footprint

Quoth 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@xxxxxxxxx>, on 2008-07-21 16:41:47 -0400:
> If doing this in TOR is not practical or too far off, TOR could at least
> officially recommend the replacement signatures that most users could
> apply using our own devices (e.g. tweaking polipo, using privoxy,
> proximitron, etc.).

Tor isn't the right place to be mangling application protocols if it
can be avoided.  That's for protocol-specific tools to do in front of
Tor, such as the HTTP proxy packages you mention---or it can be in the
browser configuration itself (which also hits HTTPS and such, which is
an advantage).  Tor is and should be for transport only.

Recommending certain configurations is probably reasonable if there's
enough consensus on them.

   ---> Drake Wilson