Re: [tor-talk] Transparent re-writing packet destinations to hidden service?

>>  Hi sorry to bother, but can anyone make a comments about this? Is

>>  should I explain in different words? Key idea is I thinking to make
>>  transparent _reverse_ proxy to hidden service.
>
> Yes, please describe some use cases more detailed. Could be an
> interesting question.

Maybe? Just think ANY service except HTTP. HTTP has good tools (not just socat) to transparently rewrite destination domain and forward to needed place. Any other service not really has quality tool for that.

If I understand correct, you cant really do it at packet level, you need application level tool that sees unwrapped packets and is designed to allow rewriting and forwarding (to SOCKS or anything else).

> Dunnno if it's relevant, but behind a Transparent Proxy and DnsPort
> you can "resolve" hidden service domains to IP's (10.x.x.x).

That's interesting idea, not quite helping here because with Tor transparent proxy interface (I guess SOCKS too), you still have to get inside the packets and change them from example.com to abcd123.onion so Tor knows what to do with them. Thank you.