Re: [tor-talk] Will Tor affect Internet Explorer? (newbie question)

If I've moved away from IE to Tor Browser Bundle on my Mac desktop with a
relatively new Mac Operating System 10.6, - and don't plan to use Orbot and
Orweb on my handheld, because while I can log into my non-mainstream,
specific email website, I get a white screen after that, and also don't
plan to use Tails in the near term - and I've changed my passwords, how do
I know the specific email website (possibly located in a foreign country-
 (the backend or server side) is secure, say from a nation-state party, for
example?

Per my July 13th email in this thread, thanks for this helpful thread.

Scott

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM, mirimir <mirimir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 07/16/2013 02:37 PM, Buck Calabro wrote:
>
> > On 15 July 2013 20:19, Gabrielle wrote:
>
> SNIP
>
> >> Also, what is Microsoft Time of Day?
> >
> > So there are these servers on the internet whose job is to report the
> > current time of day.  They are called time servers.  They are very
> > useful if you have a network of computers and you'd like them all to
> > be set to the same time.  Anyway, Windows can be configured to reach
> > out to a time server and get the current time so your computer's clock
> > can be adjusted. ...
>
> All operating systems do that. Indeed, Tor clients won't connect if
> local time isn't synchronized accurately enough. Also, time
> synchronization errors break anonymity.

http://scottmacleod.com/worlduniversityandschool.htm

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If the reader of this email message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this
email in error, please notify the sender and destroy/delete all copies of
the transmittal. Thank you.