Re: [tor-talk] washingtonpost.com: In NSA-intercepted data, those not targeted far outnumber the foreigners who are

On 7/7/14, Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7/6/2014 3:39 PM, C B wrote:
>> Not as many live here as vacation here. A very large number of the rich
>> and powerful visit. And as the first in the nation primary, every
>> Presidential candidate spends a lot of time here. Yes it is often hard to
>> get laws against things because politicians do not want to get caught. We
>> recently outlawed using cellphones in a very restrictive law that I
>> certainly hope is repealed before it goes into effect next year. We do not
>> require seat belts or motor cycle helmets, but have fairly widespread use
>> of each. But as to privacy we are very strict. Some of the world's experts
>> on privacy live here too.
>>
> New Hampshire has its elected officials, like any other state.  So, I
> can't image the elected ones are behind the increased privacy.
> Unless NH politicians are so far "ahead of the curve" compared
>  to politicians in other states?

NH politician annual salary, $100.

In other words, it's a volunteer role.

That makes elected officials of a slightly different class
to 'career politicians' most everywhere else, IMHO.

Zenaan