Re: [tor-talk] How Tor fetchs the consensus file and maintains the cached-consensus file?

Stem provides three methods for getting consensus data...

a. Fetch it from the Controller via methods like get_network_statuses()...

   https://stem.torproject.org/api/control.html#stem.control.Controller.get_network_statuses

b. Read it from disk as you're trying to do. There shouldn't be any
reason to do this when running a relay. This capability is meant to be
used for descriptor archives.

c. Downloading them via the stem.descriptor.remote module...

   https://stem.torproject.org/api/descriptor/remote.html

In this case method 'a' should be your best option.

Cheers! -Damian