Re: shadowserver.org

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Damian Johnson <atagar1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Probably because your exit node is being used to do something that
>> warrants an abuse report.
>
> Maybe, but if this shadowserver site is being incommunicado then I wouldn't
> put much confidence in their findings.

FWIW, Shadowserver have a reputation of being very good at what they do.

>> Stop the activity on your exit node that is causing them to lodge reports?
>
> Very bad advice. Snooping on exit traffic (or tampering it in any way) are
> highly discouraged.

I would have thought abusing the tor network was highly discouraged
too? If people insist on using it for spam and god-knows-what else,
what other choice is there? Unfortunately if people continue to abuse
it, it just stops people who otherwise would from running an exit
node.