Re: Tor Exit Node hosting: torservers.net

Hi!

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Moritz Bartl <tor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For the original discussion ("Tor Exit Node Sponsorship, looking for
> partners") see http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/May-2010/msg00058.html

I came up with same idea some time ago:

http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Feb-2009/msg00018.html

There was not much encourage to it but I have also not put up site and
other tools to gather people. But I am still slowly working on it. And
have thought of trying to rise money by other means (like personal
approach in my country, where I would distribute leaflets and similar,
to get also non-technical people to understand and support it, because
currently I think we have mostly technical/networking people
understand the issue (because they understand how Internet works) or
those people who are in censorship regimes).

So idea is to get a server which would be only fast CPU, some RAM and
no hard drive, only CD or something too boot the system up. So it
would be dedicated to being a relay and if somebody confiscate it,
there would really be no logs there.

As I wrote in my previous e-mail I have a Tor friendly ISP in
Slovenia, which costs 110 EUR per month for 100 Mbit/s no other limits
node, where I get 5 IPs initially but can also get more.

Mitar