Re: Tor Exit Node hosting: torservers.net

Hi Mitar,

>> For the original discussion ("Tor Exit Node Sponsorship, looking for
>> partners") see http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/May-2010/msg00058.html
> I came up with same idea some time ago:
> http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Feb-2009/msg00018.html

I saw your post back then and of course I want to invite you to join our
efforts. We have the first server running and currently trying to tweak
it to 39MB/s throughput (see stats at http://us1.torservers.net/). We
hope that we can find enough constant donators to keep this going. A
second node has been donated by http://networkpresence.com.au/ in
Australia and I will set that one up soon. (Thanks!)

Of course, it's always better to diversify, but when you look at
bandwidth prices, it makes sense to unite at least some effort into one
larger project.

I can only encourage you to follow your idea of another larger node, and
to speak to people about it!

> And
> have thought of trying to rise money by other means (like personal
> approach in my country, where I would distribute leaflets and similar,
> to get also non-technical people to understand and support it, because
> currently I think we have mostly technical/networking people
> understand the issue (because they understand how Internet works) or
> those people who are in censorship regimes).

Exactly. I think there is a larger group "outside our world" who, once
educated, would be willing to spend some money on it.

> As I wrote in my previous e-mail I have a Tor friendly ISP in
> Slovenia, which costs 110 EUR per month for 100 Mbit/s no other limits
> node, where I get 5 IPs initially but can also get more.

Do you mind adding it to
https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/GoodBadISPs (or is it
actually already listed?)

--