Re: debug.log

Thanks, I thought that the debug level was only for errors. Would commenting out all the logging levels then cause no logging to occur at all? Is that probably the best way to run the tor server, or should I have some sort of error logging in place?

Debug is too verbose, and might include information that you wouldn't want to have around.

Doing normal logging (>warn) is fine .. only generates a few errors when people try dumb stuff like CONNECT:port against your DirPort, and when you have network writes that fail (although is scrubbs the address from those).

I run a fairly busy exit node, and my log only grows by 100k or so a day (which newsyslog can rotate around).

~Mike.