All routers are down or won't exit -- choosing a doomed exit at random.

Hi!

the vidalia bundle (or polipo to be exact) stopped working for me on 2
computers. a few days ago tor started to build circuits like crazy and
using up all cpu time. the message log is full of the following
message:

Notice: All routers are down or won't exit -- choosing a doomed exit at random.

I have tried using the default configuration, deleting the
configuration files, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the
newest (stable and alpha) versions, but to no avail. i am running the
vidalia bundle on windows 7 x64. i havent changed any settings on my 2
computers before this problem started.

after a lot of trial and error i found out that as long as only tor an
vidalia are running everything is fine and tor only opens a few
circuits, but as soon as i start polipo (using the configuration that
comes with the vidalia bundle) tors message log starts to fill up with
the above mentioned "notice", and it essentially stops working.

any suggestions on what i could try to fix this?