Re: [tor-talk] Can I trust Tormail

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Tormail is apparently just a couple of naive American kids.
>> [1] http://opusmagnus.wordpress.com/2012/04/21/tormail-net-has-moved/
>
> I don't see that connection from this repost of site news, unless you
> choose to trust the news, and its form as written, in its entirety.

I understand that the quoted message was published on Tormail site at
http://jhiwjjlqpyawmpjx.onion/ at the time (don't see any evidence to
the contrary). In the message, Tormail admins say that they moved to a
Russian registrar due to a perceived threat of domain seizures in the
US. This shows serious lack of judgement, and impulsive behavior. The
âAmericanâ qualifier is only a guess of mine, based on the US-centric
view and behavior above (i.e., US-centric ideology-specific news â US
is perceived as âbadâ â  countries the person are ignorant of must be
âgoodâ). In any case, this doesn't really matter â my point was that
the idea that Tormail is managed by any competent intelligence agency
is ridiculous, since they wouldn't disrupt the service in a way that
would risk fleeing userbase as a consequence.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Libertà Linux: http://dee.su/liberte