Re: [tor-talk] Can I trust Tormail

> I understand that the quoted message was published on Tormail site at
> http://jhiwjjlqpyawmpjx.onion/ at the time

Yes, it was, at least from my view and memory of onionland.

> In the message, Tormail admins say that they moved to a
> Russian registrar due to a perceived threat of domain seizures in the
> US.

When up against domain duress, you're fighting not only the registrar
but the registry and ultimately ICANN... and their governing
jurisdictions.

Being presumed anons on the backend too, I would doubt their records
at the registrar are in compliance with ICANN regulations. But when
faced with loss of domain anyways, taking a fight there via your
'virtual office' is no further risk to domain.

> This shows serious lack of judgement, and impulsive behavior. The
> âAmericanâ qualifier is only a guess of mine, based on the US-centric
> view and behavior above (i.e., US-centric ideology-specific news â US
> is perceived as âbadâ â  countries the person are ignorant of must be
> âgoodâ). In any case, this doesn't really matter â my point was that
> the idea that Tormail is managed by any competent intelligence agency
> is ridiculous, since they wouldn't disrupt the service in a way that
> would risk fleeing userbase as a consequence.

So let's see, if I down my service, shuffle some things around, and
write a 'big FUCK YOU' on the front page... I am now magically not
a TLA and trusted by anons? OMG, that's total WIN! Hang on while I
dial the field agents, you're about to see a bunch of sites blink :)

What if I write 'trust no one'? Does that make me trusted?

WalMart is hiring intel agents, you should apply ;-)
j/k.