Re: [tor-talk] "Hidden Services" vs "Onion services"

This is also nice because it further emphasizes the distinction
between the thing that the user is setting up and the network that
is providing secure/hidden/private/location-protected/whatever access to it.
'Onion service' to me doesn't as cleanly conceptually separate the
service that is protected behind the onion network and the service of
protection for it that the network provides.

There are things besides onion websites (e.g. onionshare or private access
for system administration) that it seems are more reasonably connoted
by 'service' than 'site', but no convenient-enough-to-be-useful term
is going to be the 100% best choice in all respects. 'Onion site'
sounds like a winner to me. (But who would have expected it, clearly a
dark horse, perhaps even a dark web horseman of the infocalypse...
Oh dear.)

aloha,
Paul