[tor-talk] Is this a practical vulnerability?

I was reading a paper on discovering hidden service locations, and couldn't find any reason it shouldn't work in principle.

However being that I'm a Tor novice, I wanted ask here.

In a nutshell they propose throwing some modified Tor nodes out there that modify the protocol enough to track down the location.  It does take some time, but it doesn't seem like years.

Any comment appreciated, here's a link to the paper:

http://www.cs.uml.edu/~xinwenfu/paper/HiddenServer.pdf