Re: [tor-talk] Porn make the world more free: Tor Porn Bundle?

On 10/21/12 10:14 AM, fakefake@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> You dare to speak about the topic with your name attached. Respect man.
> Blatantly spoken, blatantly answered.
>
> This a nice idea. I got few questions for you.
>
> How could porn banned people send money to porn industry when they cant
> even reach porn websites without circumvention tool? Dont tell me about
> btc. If they are too stupid to know about tor know how can they learn to
> use btc anonymously.
First, the porn content is not only "paid" but also free.

Regarding the paid content, i do think that normal credit card / paypal
are enough.

If you, as a user, worry about your financial privacy, you would always
be able to use intermediaries (liberty reserve, western union, okpay,
ccbill and tons of others) that provide you virtual wallet (loaded with
your credit card) and let you pay with a virtual credit card (or even
get a paypal account).

So there are a lot of ways to avoid getting written on your credit card
statement "PAYPAL*YOUPORN" .

A user maybe informed about that methods, to let him enjoy paid access
with credit-card-statement privacy (not anonymity, just privacy).

> How does the circumvention stuff make a better world? People are to coward
> to kick their government ass for their porn rights. Result they can simply
> not wank off so easily. Whats the big deal?
The result is indirect.
I do not think anyone will start fighting for "porn rights" .

But *a lot of people* (especially man/teenagers) will start using
circumvention tools for a reason they care (Masturbate), that is widely
diffused.

So, the target can be to spread the use of the circumvention tools,
knowledge on how to use it and existance for a massively diffused need
that is not "freedom of speech" but is "access porn to masturbate" .

Then, as a "apparent side-effect", you have empowered a huge amount of
people to access unfiltered internet.

If the hypothetical "Tor Porn Bundle" would also provide access to
information sources (political, civil rights, media) otherwise banned in
their countries, we made the deal.

Trough porn we let hundreds thousands of people access uncensored
information sources.

> How can satisfying their wanking needs help them fighting for porn rights?
> Let them suffer. Let them fight. Do not ease the suffering.
As explained above i would not target "porn rights", but just the
masturbation needs.

In that hypothesis the "civil rights" of freedom of speech are acquired
indirectly, the main reason a user would use such a tool would still be
for porn.

Fabio

p.s. Circumvention tools like Ultrasurf (Government's backed by BBG)
block porn. Ultrasurf users ask on the internet how to watch porn with
ultrasurf bypassing their blocks. So users using circumvention tool ask
how to see porn that is blocked by the government they live in and by
the circumvention tool provider:
   * http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110831001937AAVtFhL
   * http://www.pinoyden.com.ph/index.php?topic=106051.0