Re: [tor-talk] development interests

On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 20:07 +0200, Leo Unglaub wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 2013-09-26 13:58, Nathan Suchy wrote:
> > Wow are you guys really going to argue over what operating system or
> > version the guy uses? He just wants help getting Tor to work on his old
> > operating system.
>
> So it is a problem for TOR so ship TOR for those platforms because it
> tells the user something that it cannot deliver. Of course official TOR
> developers would never go that far as say this, but it is what they think.
>
> For example listen to the Q&A from Jacob Applebaum in MÃnchen. He talked
> a little bit about how hard it is to make TOR secure on Windows and how
> much wasted time it is.
>
> If you don't understand software, please stop spamming your comments on
> the mailing list.
>
> Leo
>
> --
> Leo Unglaub
>
> Website: http://www.leo-unglaub.net
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeoUnglaub
>
> Send with Mozilla Thunderbird on Linux (Debian)

I guess the only reason to keep support for those buggy systems is to
attract attention from outside fsf communities. So when recently awaken
people come here we can tell them "well 1-click solution is what led you
to that". Privacy and security are matters of trust. If you blindly
trust people who are constantly profiling you but never trust you, I
don't know what you mean by privacy or security.

There has to be sometime when you realize the old fat bearded freak is
right though he has not made it to fortune 500 nor has received a nobel
for peace.

--
Do not forget that we are cattle on an animal farm which is managed and
handled mostly by machines. Machines do what they are/were told to. What

GPG: 0x48BE63E6