Re: [tor-talk] Tips for configuring and using Tor for anonymous Bitcoin usage?

On Thu, 2013-10-03 at 11:45 -0600, author@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm writing a book about the use of Bitcoin and anonymity. A fair
> portion of the book will be dedicated to teaching people how to most
> safely use Tor to facilitate anonymity with Bitcoin. Are there any
> special tips that people have for configuring Tor or using Tor when it
> comes to Bitcoin?
>
> Right now, I'm recommending the use of a LiveCD Linux distro (Ubuntu)
> with TorBundle for Linux and the vanilla Bitcoin client for Linux. A
> couple tips I'm already aware of are to disable JavaScript before using
> (since NoScript currently defaults to being on :() and to avoid
> downloading files through the web browser such as PDF documents.
>
> In particular, I'm curious 1) if there needs to be special
> configuration to ensure that all DNS request go through Tor, and 2)
> whether I can configure the system not to send any internet message
> except through the Tor proxy.
>
> Regards,
> Kristov

You can use iptables to drop all traffic except for tor ports. Use
appropriate rules for inside -> outside and outside -> inside.

nmap would then come in handy as to port scan your system.

But if your are serious about it, drop Ubuntu... the spaceboy is
misbehaving for a long time now. Tails is something to be hacked on.

--
Do not forget that we are cattle on an animal farm which is managed and
handled mostly by machines. Machines do what they are/were told to. What

GPG: 0x48BE63E6