[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Tor Defense Fund...an idea.
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Tor Defense Fund...an idea.
- From: Anothony Georgeo <anogeorgeo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 11:57:26 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 14:57:34 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=sr6jwroaj9BZFeKXfgXEzVKZTjVlx0TpqoG0eq3DXVlXssSZhckcj5THmfB07G2S0BcHIC+B3cPYAiS0GDTPVHjgzpns0xKeFHLzMsoDhK7jRrUduDcbqXW8v5xHZPpt7HEz4WjvSs7J60qT8LXTHOe/bYqBKBOAgfPCwDvHNQU= ;
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tor server operators are more frequently subject to government action due to the fact they are running an exit or entry node. IMO this will cause some operators to shutdown their nodes to avoid legal repercussions and/or the monetary damages that can be incurred (from fines or legal defense).
I propose a fund (eg. "Tor Defense Fund") that would be available to server operators engaged in legal battles. The TDF would be funded by donations from other Tor users, as it would be in their best interest to donate if they wish to keep the Tor network running well.
Maybe the EFF would consider running the fund and paying out X amount of dollars to each operator who meets a certain criteria?
Get your email and more, right on the new Yahoo.com