Re: Tor Defense Fund...an idea.

glymr <glymr_darkmoon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
An amusing subtext in this is that issue of social reward which came up
in discussions about how to encourage tor servers to appear. I'm
inclined to suggest that a firehose blasting would work better, find an
effective way to get more people to run tor nodes, and it goes from
victimisation to class action.

Well, I know Roger, Nick, etc are against it but making Tor run as a server by default may be worth more consideration (I2P does this).  Also, I've read posts about the possibility of offering better speed/etc to clients who also operate servers, this may be the best option.

A class-action would be the best option but I believe it would be hard/impossible to make a class-action with operators in different countries due in part to how each country handles class-actions (or if they allow them at all).  This would mean a class-action in Germany by German operators and a class-action in France by French operators, etc, etc.  It may be more feasible to offer monetary help with legal defense and fines incurred to individual operators than try to launch class-actions in each country.

Thoughts?

Anogeorgeo