Re: Tor Defense Fund...an idea.

Michael Holstein <michael.holstein@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree that being behind someone else's firewall is a problem as the
> user may not understand the implications of this and thus advertise an
> impossible exit policy.

Suggestion for the coders .. make the client test itself and adjust the
exit policy on the fly.
IMO making all Tor clients also function as MiddleMan Nodes, RPs, etc (all *except* Entry and Exit nodes) would be a good move.  It might be good to also make Tor clients function as Entry nodes (not Entry Guards) to increase their usefulness.

Just a few quick thoughts:
A default bandwith rate on the low to minimum side would be a good.  It may also be good to make two instances of Tor start when an end-user starts Tor.  One instance would be the client and the other would be the server (w/ "SocksPort 0").

Anogeorgeo