Re: [tor-talk] VPNGate

On 9/2/2013 4:27 AM, grarpamp wrote:
> On 9/2/13, Roman Mamedov <rm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> http://www.vpngate.net/en/
>>
>> even running a Tor Exit node can be dangerous (even though you
>> have bullet-proof deniability of any knowledge of the source,
>> you can still get into legal trouble)
>
> You chose to provide last hop services (whether exit or vpn), any
> trouble you catch does not depend on deniability of the source.
> Further, as a transit provider, you have the generally recognized
> provider immunity provided you follow the immunity rules.
>
>> Insanity?
>
> No, it's just another model... Tor exit ops are happy to run Tor
> exits. VPNGate ops are happy to run VPN nodes. The risks and
> services of both are known to the ops and users. Users are happy
> to use both.
>
> I encourage them all to continue operating their unique model. The
> world needs more models for more use cases (eg: Tor doesn't offer
> VPN bindings or other protocols natively yet, they do). They don't
> claim to be anything they're not and they tell you what they are.
> I don't see any droids here.
>
>> From the looks of it all the volunteers effectively operate open
>> proxies for anyone who connects to this service.
>
> Works for me, where do I donate...

I've been using them for a month so far. I really like the service and
even though they log for 2 weeks I use the VPN to enter the Tor
network. So all they will see is me using Tor.

- --
Crypto

nails, pellets, knives, shoes, underwear, milk, socks,
hair, toenails, masturbation, gasoline, cooking oil,
mayonnaise, bananas, Obama, Clinton, EFF, NSA, FBI,
PGP, USA, pressure cooker, marathon, fertilizer

Keywords are not necessarily in order of importance