[pygame] PyGame enters official Debian archive

Ed recompiled with a non-buggy version of dpkg-dev, and the automatic
queue and incoming.debian.org now says:

pygame_1.1-3_i386.changes
INSTALL
pygame_1.1-3.dsc
  to pool/main/p/pygame/pygame_1.1-3.dsc
pygame_1.1-3_i386.deb
  to pool/main/p/pygame/pygame_1.1-3_i386.deb
pygame_1.1.orig.tar.gz
  to pool/main/p/pygame/pygame_1.1.orig.tar.gz
pygame_1.1-3.diff.gz
  to pool/main/p/pygame/pygame_1.1-3.diff.gz
Announcing to debian-devel-changes@lists.debian.org
Closing bugs:
Installing.

Annoyingly, it hasn't closed the ITP (intent to package) bug... I'll
do that manually in a minute.

Pygame hasn't quite reached the mirror I use (http.at.debian.org), but
it is in some other mirrors. e.g.
ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/pygame/

Moreover, you can find the package on the web site:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/interpreters/pygame.html

So hurrah, PyGame enters Debian unstable!  Three cheers for Pete and everyone
for writing such a good program that Debian like it, and three cheers to Ed for
taking on the responsibility of maintaining it on Debian.

Next step Debian testing...  Getting in there fairly soon (next month I
think) would mean PyGame would make it into the next Debian stable, which
would be cool.

Currently http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html says:

pygame 1.1-3 (new) (optional) (low)
        Maintainer: Ed Boraas <ed@debian.org>
        only 0/10 days old

So, looks like you have to wait 10 days ;-)  You also need all
dependencies to be in testing (which now appears to be the case - can
anyone confirm?) and something about builds for other architectures.
Not sure how to get them.

Francis

--
Home: francis@flourish.org  Web: www.flourish.org