Re: [pygame] Music and events

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Pete Shinners wrote:

>> This list has been quiet for too long, so I'll post something silly. :)
>> I've had slight problems with getting USEREVENT:s delivered in our
>> application, and the problem's still there. I'm lost, and I think Pete is
>> too...
>
>argh, it hurts, it hurts.
>i have doublechecked the pygame code and i believe pygame is not
>the problem here, something inside SDL? maybe i'll look deeper into
>the SDL code if the chance arises.

Nah, no need. I'll work around it. Just as I read this I had
actuallystarted to do something very similar to what you suggest. I've
just been too lazy these last few days to do something about it before
now.

>> There was some problem with the music too wrt stopping it. They seem to
>> still be there in the version I have. I stop() the music before exiting,
>> and our app exits proberly...
>
>again, this is strange. i've looked into the mixer/music quitting
>code, and it should definitely be closing cleanly. in fact i even
>added a call to Mix_HaltMusic(), which it shouldn't need, but is
>the same thing music.stop() is calling.

I remember that it worked ok for 1.1, but for the CVS version I think the
problems started. I'll check an updated CVS version tomorror when I get to
work. I can also revert to 1.1 and see if the problems disappears.

>perhaps the recently checked in cleanup for music reference counting
>will make a difference (but i don't see the problems as related?)

Will know in 14 hours. :)