[school-core] BOUNCE schoolforge-core@schoolforge.net: Non-member submissionBOUNCE schoolforge-core@schoolforge.net: Non-member submission

Approved sf-pass
From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@cb1.com>
To: schoolforge-core@schoolforge.net
Subject: Re: Your group needs a representative for Schoolforge

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 01:35:21PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

In fact, fyi, we decided not to have our own mailing list about general issues
so that we would be better participants in schoolforge. However, we kept our own
lists for authors and issues special to our own projects. >
your paragraph here in fact summarises EXACTLY the reasons
why i am reluctant to subscribe to schoolforge-discuss: as an
Administrator whose role it is to categorise and research, move
on and check things later, there is no point in my personally
joining schoolforge-discuss, and there _is_ no appropriate
individual or group _to_ subscribe.

effectively what you have _kind-of_ asked is for
groups.google.com's Administrator to subscribe to one of the
groups! i can't _do_ it - in my capacity, the request makes
no sense!

i can only encourage other projects to contact you and say
"i am the project maintainer of homelearning.org, please
can i be a member of schoolforge?" which i hope will occur
more frequently as a result of linux.edu being set up.

and under which circumstances, i understand perfectly that your
requirements would apply, and would agree with you that they
should apply.

hope this helps clarify things,

l.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
Mark Twain