[school-core] Re: Your group needs a representative for Schoolforge

p.s. the site is very new; the lists are automatically set up
by the site: the permissions are by default those of mailman,
which is members only.

if we ABSOLUTELY MUST have a mailing list subscriber, i will
create a Group called schoolforge@linux.edu, with an email
address of schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net, and then you
core@linux.edu, and the bounce messages will then not occur.

then, if anyone wants to join the schoolforge@linux.edu
Group, they can, and incidentally they will receive the
schoolforge-discuss mailings as well.

how does that sound, to you?

l.

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 06:52:00PM +0700, David Bucknell wrote:
> Dear Kenneth and Linux.edu participants,
>
> Again, welcome to Schoolforge. I want to let you know that
> Schoolforge requires
> that you choose a representative. It doesn't mean that everyone
> can't be
> involved in the discussions. They take place on schoolforge-discuss
> anyway. Each
> group has one vote, however, so you need one representative to cast
> it.
> Otherwise, we'd have to know more math, ;-).
>
> Additionally, I see why you require approval for posting to
> core@linux.edu, but
> by using it as your addresss, this means that anyone who posts to
> schoolforge-discuss will get your pending approval notice and this
> isn't good:
> sort of viral. So, please choose a single schoolforge-core member
> with an
> individual address and then ask members to subscribe to
> schoolforge-disucuss.
> That's what we did when my group at opensourceschools.org joined.
> In fact, fyi, we decided not to have our own mailing list about
> general issues
> so that we would be better participants in schoolforge. However, we
> kept our own
> lists for authors and issues special to our own projects.
> At any rate, please consider my requests and I'm cc-ing this to the
> voting
> membership so that they can comment if they disagree with me.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> David
> for the Schoolforge Membership
> --
> http://www.iteachnet.org
> http://members.iteachnet.org/webzine *
> http://opensourceschools.org *
> http://schoolforge.net *
> http://www.over-seas.com *
> http://www.rose-marie.ac.th *

> http://members.iteachnet.org/
> http://www.opensourceschools.org/

this message is private, confidential, and is intented for
the specified recipients only.  if you received in error,
altered, deleted, modified, destroyed or interfered with
the contents of this message, in whole or in part, please
inform the sender (that's me), immediately.

if you, the recipient, reply to this message, and do not
then receive a response, please consider your reply to have
been lost or deliberately destroyed: i *always* acknowledge
personal email received.  please therefore take appropriate
action and use appropriate protocols to ensure effective
communication.

thank you.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value of this
post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss              All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net      ignorance and confidence,
   and then success is sure.
                         Mark Twain